Wednesday 13 April 2011

Diapering FAIL

I know I just posted a couple of days ago. But this had to be shared. Trust me.

We have been using cloth diapers with Bradley during the days, but we are still using disposables at night, simply because they are more absorbant and so he will feel less wet during the night (and therefore, sleeps longer). Filling up a bit o' landfill to get a bit more sleep? I know, it's selfish...but for now, it is the reason for my sanity.

Another contributing factor to my sanity is actually a funny little invention called the "Peepee Teepee". Bradley (as most little baby boys do) loves to pee all over creation, thus making diaper changes a little difficult (and a little wet). A friend of mine in Ontario suggested using these little teepees, and voila, we've hardly had any more incidents of fountainous pee.

So I go to change Bradley's diaper yesterday morning, and apparently I was pretty tired the night before and misplaced his Peepee Teepee, as it was no longer sitting on the change table. I looked around, found another one, and prepared to open the diaper (you need to have the Teepee at the ready to put onto his little willy PRONTO). Opened the diaper to find the first Peepee Teepee, squashed and utterly soaked, still IN his diaper. How I did not remember to take it off as I diapered him back up last night, I don't know but...GROSS!

Diapering FAIL. Send me back to Mommy School.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa! That's cute!
    Wait until you roll up a dirty poopy diaper, carefully slide it in under your little ones bum to avoid getting poop all over the place, then quickly slip on another, forgetting all about it and tightly wrapping it up again! Gotta love it! More good times to come!

    ReplyDelete